Saturday, June 22, 2013

Feature Teacher Friday (Er.. Saturday) - {My Second Sense & Where the Wild Things Learn}

It's time for the second week of...
This week, we've got two AMAZING bloggers who I've grown to know. I adore these two bloggers and am so happy to have them featured here on the blog!

First up, we've got Tania from My Second Sense
Tania was asked the same questions as Julie & Mary were last week. Let's see what she said!

So, you became a teacher. Why?
I love to challenge my students!  I have always been 'granted' a well behaved classroom with well established routines and high expectations. I like to call myself organized and passionate about what I do. There is always time for crafts in our classroom. 

You've been teaching for how long? What grade do you currently teach? Have taught? And what grade is your all time favorite?
Taught for 10 years. I teach 2nd grade and that's the only grade I've taught so that's my favorite!

Now onto the fun stuff...

Tell us some of your favorites - food, color, movie, TV show, thing(s) to do during your downtime, etc.
Food: Indian and Mexican 
Color: red
TV show: Law and Order SUV, and Dancing with the Stars
Down time? Ha...not sure what that is, but I like to scrapbook (when I can). TPT and blogging have taken over my 'free time'.

How about types of books to read? What was the last book you read? What will you be reading next?
I have not read anything for pleasure in a loooooong time. I am a teacher nerd at heart. I read teacher books :)

What is your favorite indoor activity? Outdoor activity?
Indoor: TV couch potato (hello netflix)
Outdoor activity: Walking

If you could have any animal or creature as a pet, what would it be?
Dog- mine had the best 14 years any creature could have asked for.

If you were a crayon color, what color would you be?
Red :)

If you were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would you be?
Coffee- always ready for something new :)

If you could visit ONE place for vacation, money not an object, where would that be? Why? Who would you bring along, if anyone?
Europe- have not been there yet. Argentina (Patagonia) will be my second choice. There is so much culture to be discovered :) I would bring kids, hubby, and mom.

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
More technology- making frames is a must for me right now.

If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do?
Travel around the world.

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Abraham Lincoln or Bill Clinton

What is your favorite quote?
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Einstein

To end this survey, choose ONE product from your TPT/TN store that is your favorite. Provide us with the link so we can go shopping :)
I don't have a favorite product because I love them all :)

Personally (from Sara, Miss V's Busy Bees), I absolutely ADORE Tania's new product, her 2013-2014 student planner. Oh yeah, it's editable!! How AWESOME of a product is this for students to be able to keep track of their things JUST like us teachers do??? Check it out in the link below or by clicking on the pictures (credit is given to Tania, the owner of the products)!
Tania, thank you for being a FEATURED TEACHER!! I am SO happy to have had you on my blog & cannot wait to see what else I learn from ya! :)
Next, we've got my fantastic friend, Amelia, who blogs at Where the Wild Things Learn.
Where the Wild Things Learn
 
Miss Amelia was asked the same questions... below are her responses!

So, you became a teacher. Why?
Growing up, I always said I wouldn't be a teacher. My mom was one, and I wanted to do something ""different."" I was going on visits to play volleyball in college, set and determined to be a physical therapist. Then, my junior year of high school I decided to coach a youth volleyball team. I couldn't believe the passion I had for coaching those girls. I cared so much about them, not just the sport of volleyball. This planted the seed of which I grew to know teaching IS my passion.

I love that every single day is something different. I never know what crazy or sweet (and maybe annoying ;) ) thing my kiddos will do. And I wouldn't trade that for the world. What other job can you get 50+ hugs a day sometimes, and they're all squeezed with love! I always tell my friends if they have a bad day to come into my school because I always receive choruses of "" I love your outfit, you're so pretty, you rock!"" Elementary kiddos can be the best!

What other job can you walk away each day and know that even though it may have been a frustrating day, you may have just impacted a child for the rest of their life! That could've been the day they look back on later in life and say ""that's the day I decided I wanted to be..."" or ""that was the day someone finally showed they cared..."" or so many other things.

That is powerful. There isn't a better job in the world.

You've been teaching for how long? What grade do you currently teach? Have taught? And what grade is your all time favorite?
Taught for 3 years. I currently teach 4th grade. I taught 6th grade for 2 years before this. This is the BEST switch I ever made.  I LOVE my fourthies and it is such a wonderful age! 

Now onto the fun stuff...

Tell us some of your favorites - food, color, movie, TV show, thing(s) to do during your downtime, etc.
"Favorite food- Mcdonalds double cheeseburger with big mac sauce, fries, and a diet coke (YIKES, so unhealthy haha!) OR Chicken Paprikash (has to be homemade Hungarian.)
Favorite color- SPARKLES!!
Favorite movie- Dirty Dancing
Favorite TV show- The Office or Modern Family

I love to read. So much so that my husband has finally settled on the fact that every vacation we have a suitcase mostly filled with books (he was shocked to find this out on our honeymoon!) I love coaching volleyball and have been a high school varsity coach for 2 years, and I coach JO (travel.) I love to run but it doesn't love me! It takes me a while to get back into running shape, but i truly enjoy it! I love spending time with my hubs; playing tennis, working out, laying on the couch watching our favorite shows... anything!"

How about types of books to read? What was the last book you read? What will you be reading next?
I'll try anything, really! My guilty pleasure during the summer are romance trash novels. Harry Potter is my ALL TIME favorite series. I am a Harry Potter nerd. I actually dressed up for all midnight showings of the movie and books (yes, even though I was in college and out of college for some!) I loved Hunger Games, too. I just finished reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. They are great books! Now I'm in a book depression, missing my characters and not sure what to read next :)

What is your favorite indoor activity? Outdoor activity?
Indoor activity-volleyball or reading
Outdoor activity- sand volleyball, running, or laying in a pool or on a beach reading!

If you could have any animal or creature as a pet, what would it be?
A TIGER!!! (White siberian if I could choose!)

If you were a crayon color, what color would you be?
unmellow yellow because I love bright colors and I'm always bright and cheery!

If you were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would you be?
CHOCOLATE (There's none better)

If you could visit ONE place for vacation, money not an object, where would that be? Why? Who would you bring along, if anyone?
Fiji. I think it sounds so exotic and amazing. I would bring my hubs :)

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Play guitar!

If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do?
Buy a big boat to spend our summers on :) Then go on a shopping spree!

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Harper Lee. I would love to hear all about her inspiration for To Kill a Mockingbird and learn about her life!

What is your favorite quote?
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

To end this survey, choose ONE product from your TPT/TN store that is your favorite. Provide us with the link so we can go shopping :)

Amelia, thank you soo much for being a FEATURED TEACHER, as well! I loved having you here and getting the opportunity to learn MUCH more about you!

I won't be blogging for the next couple of days... my sister is flying into town to spend some time with me and Cody and all the fur babies!! SO, I'll see y'all when she leaves & I get back into the grove of things :)

3 comments:

  1. Sara....I love that you are doing this. It's so nice to get to know other bloggers. Thanks girl!

    Stephanie Ann
    Sparkling in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was out of town all weekend and got SO excited to see this! THANK YOU! :) I absolutely adore your blog and I am honored to be a part of it!!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I feel so honored. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
    I love you too girl!
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete

I love love love receiving comments. I read each and every one of them! I also will try to respond to each one.. either on here or through e-mail! LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...