Thursday, October 11, 2012

Featuring Ang from Juggling Act Mama


Hi guys! I'm not kidding... I said it yesterday and I'll say it today - I have THE BEST guest bloggers. They are fantastic. Today, I've got Ang who blogs over at Juggling Act Mama. She's provided another recipe for us to enjoy and man, is this one a goodie! Check it out below :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,  I'm Ang and I blog over at Juggling Act Mama and love sharing recipes, DIY projects, and fun activities for the kiddos.  I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we both work full time outside the home.  We have two children, Ethan, 4-1/2, and Olivia, 19-months. I hope you'll come visit me to check out some of my favorite posts, like DIY Gardener's Scrub, Popsicle Stick Puzzles or enter my latest Giveaway
Today, I'm going to share with you a a recipe for Homemade Baked Donuts.   I'm not the world's best baker by any means, but I adore sweets and making tasty treats for my family and friends. Last summer, I bought myself a donut pan. Best. Idea. Ever. I love making healthy muffin recipes like Carrot or Blueberry, pouring them into the donut pan and then watching my family gobble them up.  Yes, I'm a sneaky mama, but it works! That said, sometimes I just crave a little something sweet and sinful.... enter the true donut - one full of sugar and covered in chocolate or coconut or cinnamon sugar or - well, you get the idea.  So here's how I've doctored up an old family recipe to make it a bit healthier.
Homemade Baked Donuts Ingredients: 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup of whole wheat flour 1 cup sugar 3/4 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup whole skim milk 2 eggs, beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon shortening 1 tablespoon of applesauce Directions: Start by preheating your oven to 325-degrees.  In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix the ingredients well. Add in the ggs, vanilla, milk, and applesauce and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
Spray your donut pan lightly with cooking spray. Fill each ring about 3/4 of the way full - trust me and take care not to overfill these!  Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until donuts are cooked completely. 
Remove the donuts from the oven and let them rest for a couple minutes before removing them from the pan to a cooling rack.  
Leave the donuts in the pan for a few minutes, then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Dip each donut into a simple warm confectioner's sugar glaze, or add a bit of cocoa powder to make a chocolate glaze.  Top with sprinkles, coconut or even mini chocolate chips and allow to set for about 30 minutes - that is, if you can keep your family at bay that long!
I hope you will give these a try, and come visit me to check out more of my recipes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... I wish I was having those for dinner instead of my grilled cheese but hey, maybe breakfast tomorrow?! What a delicious (and basically healthy) recipe! Make sure you're following Ang for all her amazing recipes, her DIY projects, and everything else this fantastic woman does! You won't regret it :)


Ang, thank you SO much for guest blogging on my blog. I'm really happy to have had you and am so glad you were able to guest blog for me! My readers and I truly appreciate it. THANK YOU!!

Have a good night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love receiving comments. I read each and every one of them! I also will try to respond to each one.. either on here or through e-mail! LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...