Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cooking Up Some Yumminess {and a freebie} for the Holidays!

Happy Holidays!! Welcome to Miss V's Busy Bees. If you've jumped over from the Elementary Grapevine, welcome!! I DO have to thank Krystal from the Good Enough Teacher for organizing this AMAZING hop!!

I do hope you enjoyed Lory's post on her classroom snowball fight and all the other ladies' posts so far, as well!!

You've made it to my blog now and you're here because you want to know all about that YUMMINESS!! You also probably want the freebie, too :) keep reading, we'll make it there!!
Being that I absolutely LOVE sweets and I am from Ohio, and I love Christmas like no other, my holiday sweet I'm telling you about is going to be Buckeyes. No, not the nuts, but they look like the nuts that come off the trees!

If you like peanut butter, and you like chocolate, then you will LOVE these babies. They are easy to make and each batch of ingredients puts out about 150 pieces of yumminess. HOLY CANNOLI, I know.

But, you'll also be eating them as you make them AND your friends will ask for some, so you won't be stuck with those 150 pieces of deliciousness for long.
Below is the process to complete the Buckeyes. I'll be honest, it's REALLY redundant. And it gets boring. But, throw on some Christmas music, dance around, and eat some Buckeyes and you will be A-OK! I promise :)
Buckeyes are absolutely delicious and VERY easy to make.

What a better recipe than to make these babies with your own students in your classroom or your own kiddos at home. They'll LOVE it!! I mean, how could someone NOT like the deliciousness below??? We made some last night and they taste DELICIOUS!!!!
To help assist you, I whipped up this quick "How-To" writing about how to make Buckeyes for a writing activity. My students love procedural writing. Using procedural writing about something as great and yummy as Buckeyes? PERFECT. Click the picture below to head to TPT to download the freebie! :)
Once you've downloaded your freebie, keep hopping! Your next stop is going to be at Ride Away With Mrs. Ridgway's blog where she's talking all about an RAK Parent Christmas Gift! I know my kiddos love doing RAKs, so I'm personally excited for her post!

Click the picture below to head on over :)
Thank you for coming by, and Happy Holidays once again!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love receiving comments. I read each and every one of them! I also will try to respond to each one.. either on here or through e-mail! LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...