I received another bloggy award! This time, I received my "The Versatile Blogger" award from Kelly over at I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher, Michelle at No Monkey Business, and Storie at Stories by Storie! Thanks SOOOO much Kelly, Michelle, and Storie :] I truly appreciate it and couldn't be happier to have received this award from anyone but you all!
So, there are rules that go along with this award! They are listed below:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you - Thank you, Kelly, Michelle, and Storie!!2. Include a link to their site - they're above in blue!3. Include the award image in your post4. Give 7 random facts about yourself5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award6. When nominating, include a link to their site7. Let other bloggers know they have been nominated
So, here goes my 7 facts:
1. I have two tattoos on my body. On my front left hip, I have "Live Laugh Love." On my right shoulder blade, I have "Strength & Courage." I've always loved the saying live laugh love, so I wanted it on me to remind myself each and every day to do those three things. Strength and courage is for my Daddy. He passed away in 2010, but I got this tattoo to remind myself to have strength and courage in everything that I do.
2. I got into blogging because of Pinterest. I kept getting linked to so many different blogs that I decided I wanted to start my own and begin creating my own things for my future classroom. I love being creative and need something to do ALL the time, so blogging is the perfect filler.
3. I graduated from the University of Cincinnati this year with my Bachelors in Early Childhood and two certificates, Deaf Studies and Child Abuse Recognition, and I'm getting my Generalist Endorsement AND will be going to Bowling Green State University for my Master's degree starting August 20th!!!! (Just found out!!!) Man... I'm a school nerd!
4. I have an obsession with anchors or anything nautical. My boyfriend is in the Coast Guard so I've gotten into the whole fad of anchors, sailboats, ropes, knots, etc. I love it!
5. When I was little, my parents pulled my arms out of their sockets by swinging me by my arms to do a "helicopter" while we were playing outside. I also got poked in the eye by my mother when she was flying a kite - I think they're abusive.... :]
6. I really think I'm a hoarder... my family and friends joke that I am a hoarder but I really do have a TON of stuff! I just can't help it... if I see something cute, I go for it!
7. I am scared to death of bees. I have been stung more times than I can imagine - on my hand when I was throwing trash away, on the corner of my eye to the point where my eye swelled up on the first day of Kindergarten, between my toes running around the backyard, and more beyond this! So, if you're around me and I see a bee, I turn into an instant sprinter and ninja master.So, that's a little about me .. nothing ecstatic but that's me!
So now, I have to choose other bloggers to give this award to! Congrats, y'all! My list is below, but in no order:
Moe @ Uniquely Monique
Krista @ The Second Grade Superkids
Candace @ 005 Watkins' Way
MrsMc @ Buzz Buzz Buzz!
Stevi & Tamara @ 2 Crazy Texas Teachers
Kristie @ Learning with Mrs. Chavis
Kate @ EduKate & Inspire
Kelley @ Teacher Idea Factory
Liliris @ Fourth Grade Garden
Corinna @ Surfin' Through Second
Hooty @ Hooty's Homeroom
Cassandra @ Adventures in Room 5
Terri @ First Grade Princess
Vicky @ Traditions, Laughter & Happily Ever After
This weekend has been no fun - lots of DRAMA. But I'm looking at it as a bump in the road and that's all it'll be!
These lovely ladies below are holding giveaways! They have all reached a specific milestone in followers. Make sure to stop on by, follow their blogs, and enter yourselves in their giveaways! You will NOT regret it :]
This is the giveaway going on at Mrs. Stanford's Class. Click the picture above to be linked to it.
Click here to go to Mrs. Shelton's giveaway at Kindergarten Korner!
Click here to go to Cassandra's giveaway at Adventures in Room 5!
Click here to go to Donna's giveaway at Peace, Love, and Learning!
It's time for the July Currently with Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade! Here's my currently for the month of July - stop on by and link yourself up, too!
So, I didn't follow the directions so I updated my Currently! Farley has asked for the last group to be 1) book that you enjoy reading out loud the most and 2) a go-to professional development book.
1 - I LOVE Shel Silverstein. You can do so many things with his poetry, and I love poetry as is. Children love the poems, too.
2 - I'm loving this book by Donalyn Miller. She's such a sweet, kind hearted lady, and she has the cutest Southern accent. She also has some amazing ideas surrounding literature.
Have a good rest of the night, y'all!
PS. I leave a week from tomorrow for THE BAHAMAS!!! :] And a week from yesterday to Rosemary Beach, Florida! Wooohoooo for summer time.