Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Made It & Live Laugh Craft Series!


Hi y'all! Linking up with Tara @ 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It linky!


This week, I was inspired by a pin I have seen floating around Pinterest.


So I chose to create my own variation of this sign, but not on paper.

MATERIALS:
12x18 wooden board (mine is from Michaels)
Black acrylic paint
White cardstock
Cricut (or any cutting machine)
5 colors of scrapbook paper
Mod Podge or Xyron sticker maker


I actually turned the "Before you speak" into stickers with my Xyron sticker maker, but then I chose to do the rest in Mod Podge. I've never actually used Mod Podge for a full out project before, so it was a different kind of experience! In the end, it was a super easy project and I plan to put it up by my desk in my classroom. I can see little imperfections throughout the board, BUT I think it gives it character because it's not perfect :)


It's also time to start our Live Laugh Craft series party with my BPIC, Monique @ Uniquely Monique! She's hosting this great linky and I know it'll keep me in shape with my crafting! This time around, it's a planner creation party! Of course, you can go out and purchase your own planners and make it quick, but is it personable? Not always! So, I decided to create my own planner (and some of you have seen it floating around on my TPT store!) but to add more pages to it to fit my current needs. So, below is a description of my planner and some pictures of it! :)


I chose to make my cover with something beachy because I'm a beach baby. Always have been, always will be!


Next are my pages. I left them blank from numbers so that I could reuse this design year after year if I so choose! This is a similar format for all months, I just wanted to show you August! There's really not much going on because school doesn't start for me until September 4th!



Here's a daily view of what's going on for the last week of August! Im going to North Carolina to see babe and I CANNOT wait!!


Finally, I've got two different pages - one is a to do list page and one is a notes page. I'll print out a to-do list and a notes page for each month and use them as necessary. As you can see, I've got a few things on my to-do list... I should probably get on it!!

So, that's my mini planner made to my own personality! I love the color coral, so that's the reasoning for the outline. You can make your planner the way you want... but go check out Moe & her co-host's planner ideas by clicking on the picture above!! :) Next week, they've decided that we are making our own DIY headbands - perfect for fall & Pinterest utilization!

QUESTION: I have 150 craft sticks sitting in my other room. I want to do something with them, but I honestly have NO idea what to do! Any ideas or thoughts? They will be greatly appreciated!

Have a good day, y'all!

10 comments:

  1. Your think sign turned out great :) You could use your craft sticks to make a big snowflake decoration for a door. I saw a pin on Pinterest a while back and just recently pinned it: http://pinterest.com/pin/166985098654455713/

    I know it is a while before snow, fingers crossed, but just a thought :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks x2, Heidi! I repinned that pin.. it's perfect for a few of the sticks! And yes, snow is a ways off... but it doesn't hurt :)

      Sara

      Delete
  2. Love your "Before You Speak: Think" sign! It's super cute!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly! Thank you! :) It was fun to make! Challenging at times, but not bad!

      Sara

      Delete
  3. Love how your think poster turned out! Bright colors on black is one of my FAVORITE things!!! Great job!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE the bright letters on the black, Amanda! Thought it might make them pop and well, it did! :)

      Sara

      Delete
  4. Wow! I loooove your sign, it turned out great! (I even pinned it for future reference). I am a Mod Podge newbie myself, and I always thought it would be hard or was some kind of talent (haha) but I found it very easy to use!

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! & I'm glad you enjoyed it that you pinned it! That means a lot :) It turned out to be easier than I thought like you said.. so I'll be using that method more in the future!

      Sara

      Delete
  5. I love mod podge! I made some really great canvases for my girls' room using mod podge and scrapbook paper! So fun and your sign turned out so cute!
    Lisen :)
    www.wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! Something simple but unique :) Thanks, Lisen!

      Sara

      Delete

I love love love receiving comments. I read each and every one of them! I also will try to respond to each one.. either on here or through e-mail! LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...