Thursday, June 21, 2012

ahhhh... UPDATED


Ahhhhhh! I'm writing this from my phone because my home Internet is broken! My mom was on the phone with our Internet company for literally two hours and they have no idea what's wrong so they're sending a technician out tomorrow to figure it out. Why am I telling you all this? Well, I'm supposed to have posted about my Thoughtful Thursday but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow! Thanks for hanging in there with me! I'll be back tomorrow to update you on Thoughtful Thursday and Fun Friday!
Have a good night, y'all!
PS. My mom and I went to play Bingo tonight at our local Parish... well, she won $200 and I won $100! Wooooo hoooooo! Talk about lucky ducks :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First thing I want to say is thank you to Katie & Lisen at Second Grade Smartypants awarded me with my first bloggy award - One Lovely Blog Award!! I am sooo excited to have been nominated for this award and I could not be more delighted that I was nominated by these two lovely women!


But, there's more that goes along with the award!
1st - Follow the person who gave you the award (that was easy - I've been following Katie & Lisen for a while.. they're both awesome ladies!)
2nd - Link back to the person who gave you the award
3rd - Pass the award onto 15 other bloggy friends!

So, I created my list of bloggy friends that I want to pass this along to:

Monique at Uniquely Monique


(no button.. but visit her!!)
Jennifer at Kindertrips

Emily at Remarkable Home


Denise at Yearn to Learn

Heather at Heather's Heart


Candace at 005 Watkins' Way

MrsMc at Buzz Buzz Buzz!


Amanda at Teaching Maddeness

Selina at Classroom Magic

Wahoooo - so happy!!

Anyway.. now that I'm back on the computer and our Internet is running smoothly, boy what a long day it has been. I was with the Internet technician from 8:30 AM until about 11:00 AM this morning.. trying to learn what was wrong and what we need to do differently and all that. Basically, I had us upgrade to wireless so that all our issues would be fixed. Welp, so far so good!

I've done NOTHING fun today (for Fun Friday with my SUPER SUMMER SCHEDULE!) so I really cannot update on that.. instead, I got ahead on work for summer classes so that way when I go to the Bahamas in two weeks (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I don't have to do work and can enjoy my vacation!

So, for my Thinking Thursday, I was thinking about where I want to go for my Master's. So, here's my list with pros and cons:

University of Cincinnati
PROS
Familiar with the school
Familiar with the workings of the professors
Know how to navigate the websites
CONS
Programs offered only on campus
Must have a job in order to participate in the programs
Only have a few different Master's programs that I can get elsewhere

Ohio University
PROS
Love the atmosphere of the school
Easy website to navigate
Helpful workers that know what they are talking about
Online programs available
CONS
Must have a job in order to participate
Not familiar with the professors
Only have a few different Master's programs that I can get elsewhere

Bowling Green State University
PROS
Website navigation
Helpful workers
Diverse program offerings (Classroom Technology)
Online programs
Do not have to hold a full time job in order to participate
CONS
Not familiar with the professors

Wright State University
PROS
Friends attend here
Close to home
CONS
Programs only offered on campus
Must have job in order to participate
Not familiar with professors
Very few choices to choose from
Website is somewhat confusing

Soooo... as you can see. My reasonings are very general but it's because I've already made up my mind before I posted this list: BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY! I applied and have had a great experience thus far. The directors of the program are both very helpful and nice, and they also know what they are talking about. The only thing I'm waiting on is my references to get there and for them to review my application! I applied for the Masters of Education in Classroom Technology program because it's ALL about technology. I am obsessed with technology and learning new things about the different websites and programs out there available to people, especially teachers. So, I decided that this would be a great subject to get my Master's in. What do you all think?

I'm excited that I'll be journeying into this new chapter of my life because after that, I'll likely never attend an institution or get "formal education" again beyond professional credits! I'm nervous that this is almost like the "last" chapter of my education, but I could not be happier with where I am going.

So, that's all I've got for ya for Thinking Thursday on my SUPER SUMMER SCHEDULE!

This weekend, I'll be working all weekend on schoolwork to get ahead (again) and going to the St. Peter's Festival (our local Parish's festival) and playing quarter bingo for 2 1/2 hours on Saturday! Maybe I'll win again! Wish me luck.

Have a good night, y'all!


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, April! I got SO nervous when I saw my number come up on the monitor, I about had a heart attack!

      Sara

      Delete
  2. I. feel. for. you. I am doing the from my phone, too. Never fun! However, I do have something to make you smile!! We have awarded you The Lovely Blog award! Stop by our blog to pick it up :)

    -Katie and Lisen
    Wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie & Lisen,

      Oh my gosh!! What an honor!! Thank you so much for this. But, I feel for you, as well, as it definitely isn't fun!!

      Thank you again!
      Sara

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've won once more before that but it had been a while so I was due ;]

      You're welcome!
      Sara

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the award! I'll make sure to shout you out in my next post!

    MrsMc
    Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! I'm your newest follower:)

    Selina
    Classroom Magic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina!

      You are welcome :] thanks for following!

      Sara

      Delete
  6. Ahh, BGSU! That's where I did my undergrad :) My teacher friend is in their Classroom Technology program right now and has been very happy with the program! I completed my Master's at Spring Arbor because BGSU didn't have what I needed, but I have my application in with BGSU right now to pick up my School Counseling Endorsement. I am so glad you are having a positive experience with the application process because mine has been a NIGHTMARE! Are you going to do the online program or come to campus? If you are coming to campus, we will definitely have to meet up! :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! I did my undergrad at UC. I'm hoping I have a good experience, too, if I get in (fingers crossed!). As for application process... this seemed to be the easiest process I've had in application experience!! I'm sorry to hear that you aren't having a good experience. I'm going to be doing the online program, but I do live in Ohio! Are you on the campus, or close to the campus?

      Sara

      Delete
    2. I just replied to your comment through email. I've never done that before, so let me know if it didn't work!

      Delete
    3. It didn't work! At least, I don't see it in my e-mail. My e-mail is ventrellasara@gmail.com if that helps!

      Sara

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the award Sara! It's my very first blog award. :) I'm going to work on passing it on. :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome :] it's my first award, too! Go us!

      Sara

      Delete

I love love love receiving comments. I read each and every one of them! I also will try to respond to each one.. either on here or through e-mail! LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...