Wednesday, June 13, 2012

letter frame


I've been making a few crafts this week and I wanted to share this one with you all! I was inspired by Tuck and Cover and made something for my future home! I hope you all enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions!


Supplies you need (all purchased from Michaels!):
8 x 10 black frame - any kind of frame will do, really.
"Calico Red" Acrylic Paint
Paint Brush
White Flower stickers
Wooden letter U (or whatever letter you want)
12 x 12 scrapbook paper - orange paisley
E-6000 glue
Paper towels
Black pen


STEP 1:
Remove the backing and glass from the frame so that you can paint in the middle without worrying about getting your paint on the glass.


STEP 2:
Paint your frame. You can either layer the paint on like crazy or do it like I do to give it the "worn" look. Since my frame has some sort of sheen on it, it takes more paint to cover it. I put about 3-4 layers, but it still turns out this way.


STEP 3:
After you've painted your frame, lay it aside. Next, pick up your 12x12 paper and your glass that was inside the frame.


STEP 4:
Trace the glass onto the back of your paper. I recommend the back of the paper because 1) you can see it better and 2) it's okay if you mess up because there won't be lines on your front facing paper!


STEP 5:
Next, put your paper and the glass back into the frame. Put the backing back on and get ready for the next step!


NOTE: This is just a view of the frame from the front :]


STEP 6:
Now you're going to add the flower into any corner. I chose the right top I think because I'm right handed and I just like it there. The flowers I bought are actually sticky on the back, so I put it in the very corner of the frame closest to the glass.


STEP 7:
Time to add your letter! I chose U for Unroe, as that is my boyfriend's last name and I want to put this up in our house when we live together! I couldn't come up with a good way to measure where to put the letter, so I just put it where I felt it looked best. I glued it onto the glass with the BEST stuff ever - E-6000 glue. Let it sit for about 24-48 hours, and it'll be good to go!


Here's the final product! I am absolutely happy with the way it turned out.. I love the look and the feel, and I think it tells something about myself - red is my favorite color, and I love corals, so this all is incorporated in this simple frame!


I also made a different one and I'll put that picture up tomorrow after my little (sorority little!) gets her birthday present!!

UPDATE: Here's the one I made for Melly!



Have a great day y'all!



2 comments:

  1. Cute picture!! Great job! I am your newest follower. I would love to have you come visit my blog.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April! Thank you! I'm also following you back! Thanks for stopping by :]

      -Sara

      Delete

I love love love receiving comments. I read each and every one of them! I also will try to respond to each one.. either on here or through e-mail! LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...